ENGLISH HORSE SHOW
Sunday, August 19, 2018 – 8:30 A.M. SHARP!
Director: Audrey Dumoulin (613) 675-1565
Judge: Nicole Hill
Jump Course Designer: Heather Alston
Mail/email entries to:
275 Blue Corner Road, L’Orignal, Ont. K0B 1K0
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All competitors must hold current membership in the Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society. Fee is $6. A list of last year’s competitors who have already paid their membership is available at the Fair secretary’s office and will be available at the Show secretary’s desk.
- Membership does not include gate entrance fees. One entrance to the grounds is permitted for one horse. If required to pay entry to the grounds, please co-operate and do so, then bring your proof of entry to the horse show secretary for reimbursement.
- Membership and entry fees are payable to the Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society. Your cheque must accompany your entry form.
- Proof of negative coggins test for the current year is required with all entry forms.
- Proof of liability insurance obtained by the owner and covering both the exhibitor and third parties is required with all entry forms.
- All riders must wear approved helmets with chin strap done up at all times while mounted on a horse, even outside the show ring.
- Stallions must at all times be handled by adults or confined to a trailer. They may not be left tied. Unruly stallions may be dismissed from the show ring and/or the fair grounds at the discretion of the Show Committee.
- Access to stalls in the barn is on first come basis.
- Entry Fees: Open classes: $12; Adult classes: $10; Youth & Short Stirrup classes: $8; Novice classes: $5; Leadline: $2
- Youth: riders 14 to 18 yrs. Short Stirrup: 13 yrs. and under. Leadline: 8 yrs. and under – may not enter any other classes. Novice: horse or rider any age, not ready for canter – horse/rider combination may not enter any other classes
- Open classes may be entered by Short Stirrup and Youth riders if they feel that they have the ability to compete safely.
- Awards given to High Point Short Stirrup Rider, High Point Youth Rider, High Point Adult Rider and High Point Horse. No points awarded for classes 14, 16, 17, & 18.
|13. Prize Money:||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
|Novice||$15 $10 $8 $5|
|Youth & Short Stirrup||$30||$25||$20||$10|
- Exhibitors encouraged to submit entries by Aug 16/18. Post entries accepted 30 minutes prior to start of class.
- No interference or complaints to the judge will be tolerated. All complaints must be submitted in writing to the VKH Fair English Horse Show Committee, as per General Rules and Regulations #14.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETITORS!
**Practice ring available throughout the day of the show.
ORDER OF GO:
- Adult Hunter Under Saddle
- Youth Hunter Under Saddle
- Short Stirrup Hunter Under Saddle
- Adult Show Hack
- Youth Show Hack
- Short Stirrup Show Hack
- Adult Equitation on the Flat
- Youth Equitation on the Flat
- Short Stirrup Equitation on the Flat
- Adult Command
- Youth Command
- Short Stirrup Command – W/T (canter tie breaker)
- Novice Hunter Under Saddle – W/T
- Novice Equitation – W/T
- Novice Hunter Over Fences – W/T; ground poles
- Leadlines – W/T; Ribbons & Prizes
- Sr. Equitation on the Flat; Riders 40 yrs & over
18. Adult Hunter Over Fences – Under 2 ft.
19. Youth Hunter Over Fences – Under 21 in.
20. Short Stirrup Hunter Over Fences – Cross Rails
21. Adult Equitation Over Fences – Under 2 ft.
22. Youth Hunter Equitation Over Fences – Under 21 in
23. Short Stirrup Hunter Equitation Over Fences – Cross Rails
24. Open Jumper; 2 ft. 3 in.
25. Open Jumper; 2 ft. 6 in.
26. Open Gambler’s Choice; 2 ft. 6 in. to 3 ft. 3 in.
ENGLISH HORSE SHOW