ENGLISH HORSE SHOW
Sunday, August 20, 2017 – 8:30 A.M. SHARP!
Director: Audrey Dumoulin (613) 675-1565
Judge: Scott Ottewell, Kingston, ON
Jump Course Designer: Heather Alston
Mail/email entries to:
275 Blue Corner Road, L’Orignal, Ont. K0B 1K0
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All competitors must hold current membership in the Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society. Fee is $6. A list of last year’s competitors who have already paid their membership is available at the Fair secretary’s office and will be available at the Show secretary’s desk.
- Membership does not include gate entrance fees. One entrance to the grounds is permitted for one horse. If required to pay entry to the grounds, please co-operate and do so, then bring your proof of entry to the horse show secretary for reimbursement.
- Membership and entry fees are payable to the Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society. Your cheque must accompany your entry form.
- Proof of negative coggins test for the current year is required with all entry forms.
- Proof of liability insurance obtained by the owner and covering both the exhibitor and third parties is required with all entry forms.
- All riders must wear approved helmets with chin strap done up at all times while mounted on a horse, even outside the show ring.
- Stallions must at all times be handled by adults or confined to a trailer. They may not be left tied. Unruly stallions may be dismissed from the show ring and/or the fair grounds at the discretion of the Show Committee.
- Access to stalls in the barn is on first come basis.
- Entry Fees: Stake classes, $20; Open & Adult classes, $10; Youth & Short Stirrup classes, $8; Walk/Trot classes, $5.
- Youth: riders 14 to 18 yrs. Short Stirrup: 13 yrs. and under. Leadline and Walk/trot: 8 yrs. and under – may not enter any other classes. Novice: horse or rider any age, not ready for canter – may not enter any other classes under saddle.
- Open classes may be entered by Short Stirrup and Youth riders if they feel that they have the ability to compete safely.
- Awards given to High Point Short Stirrup Rider, High Point Youth Rider, High Point Adult Rider and High Point Horse. No points awarded for classes 14, 16, 17, & 18.
|13. Prize Money:||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
|Stake classes||$10 from each entry will be added to the regular prize money for that class|
|Open & Adult||$35||$25||$15||$10|
|Youth & Short Stirrup||$20||$15||$10||$5|
- Exhibitors encouraged to submit entries by Aug 17/17. Post entries accepted 30 minutes prior to start of class.
- No interference or complaints to the judge will be tolerated. All complaints must be submitted in writing to the VKH Fair English Horse Show Committee, as per General Rules and Regulations #14.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETITORS!
**Practice ring available throughout the day of the show.
ORDER OF GO:
- Adult Showmanship
- Youth Showmanship
- Short Stirrup Showmanship
- Adult English Pleasure Stake ($$ added)
- Youth English Pleasure
- Short Stirrup English Pleasure
- Adult Equitation – with pattern
- Youth Equitation – with pattern
- Short Stirrup Equitation – with pattern
- Adult Command
- Youth Command
- Short Stirrup Command
- Open Command Stake ($$ added)
- Open Costume Class ($150 added); Will be run during lunch break. Theme: Celebrating Canada
- Sr. Equitation Stake – with pattern; Riders 40 yrs. & over ($$ added)
- Novice & Short Stirrup Walk/trot Equitation – with pattern
- Novice & Short Stirrup Walk/trot English Pleasure
- Novice & Leadline – Walk & Trot (to be judged on seat & ability); no entry fee
- Open Pairs
- Open Urban Trail ($$ added)
- Youth Hunter Over Fences – Under 2 ft. 6 in.
- Short Stirrup Hunter Over Fences – Under 21 in.
- Open Hunter Over Fences Stake – Under 3 ft. ($$ added)
- Adult Hunter Equitation Over Fences – Under 3 ft.
- Youth Hunter Equitation Over Fences – Under 2 ft. 6 in.
- Short Stirrup Hunter Equitation Over Fences – Under 21 in.
ENGLISH HORSE SHOW