Exhibition Hall Divisions and Classes
“Celebrating 175 Years of Farm to Plate”
Exhibition Hall Reminders
The hall will be open on Wednesday evening 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Thursday morning between 9:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to receive exhibits.
All hall exhibits are to be removed on Sunday, between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that your exhibits are collected. The Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society is not responsible for lost articles, although we will do everything in our power to ensure the safety and proper collection of all exhibits. The exhibit hall will be open between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Thursday evening for fair goers.
Group displays and 4-H Clubs must inform the Directors of their intention to exhibit by August 6th, so that space can be allotted.
4-H Displays: Contact Katie Brandrick – 780-312-5021
2019 Prize List for Exhibition Hall
- All entries must be grown or made by the exhibitor
- All entries must have been made in the last two years
- Only one entry per exhibitor in each section
- A fair membership is required to get an exhibitor number. They are available at the fair office during the week of the fair, or in the Exhibition Hall itself on the days you bring your entries to the fair.
- All entries must be in the exhibition hall and tagged by no later than 11:30 a.m. on Thursday
- The exhibition hall will be open on Wednesday evening from 7:00 – 9:00, and on Thursday morning from 9:00 to 11:30 to receive entries
- Exhibits must be removed between 3:30 and 4:30 on Sunday
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that your exhibits are collected. The Vankleek Hill Agricultural Society is not responsible for lost items, although we do everything in our power to ensure the safety and proper collection of all exhibits. We are also not responsible for delivering items left in the hall past the pickup time on Sunday.
- Special prizes are typically available for pickup on Sunday afternoon. Please see one of the Fair Directors in charge.
- All gift certificates and special prizes are donations, and are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
Exhibition Hall Trophy – The exhibitor with the highest total points accumulated from the hall exhibits will be presented with this trophy with his/her name inscribed on it.
$50 Donation by Proudfoot Financial (Dwight & Rachel), Vankleek Hill, awarded to the exhibitor with the highest total points.
A $40 gift certificate donated by Brian’s Place, Barney Gordon, prop., Vankleek Hill, awarded to the exhibitor with the second highest total points.
New Exhibitor Trophy: Donated by Hillcrest Funeral Home, presented to the first time exhibitor with the highest total points accumulated from the hall exhibits.
Junior Division Hall Trophy – The exhibitor from the Junior Division with the highest total points will be presented with a trophy with his/her name inscribed on it.
Special Prize: $15 to the Junior Competitor with the highest total points in the exhibition hall Donated by Kendra Allen.
Special Prize: $10 to the Junior Competitor with the second highest points in the exhibition hall. – Donated by Evelyn Bernique
Please note that special rosette ribbons awarded to “Best Of…”classes will be for display only and will remain the property of the Home craft division. Also, any exhibitor wishing to return his/her ribbons for recycling purposes may do so on Sunday when the exhibits are removed from the hall.
Copies of the Homecraft Judging Standard for Ontario Fairs, OAAS, Revised 2003 booklet will be available for perusal for all interested persons in the exhibition hall during fair time. Also, copies will be available for purchase at the fair office during office hours.